It’s official! We have 30 days until my sixth annual NATIONAL PICTURE BOOK WRITING WEEK (AKA “NaPiBoWriWee”) begins on May 1, 2014!
I started NAPIBOWRIWEE as a fun way to promote my own children’s picture books. I’m so proud and thrilled that this event has gone viral and is a favorite annual event for many veteran published authors as well as aspiring novice writers.
I do have a new children’s picture book being published by LEE & LOW BOOKS this year. It’s called 22 CENTS: THE STORY OF MUHAMMAD YUNUS AND THE VILLAGE BANK (about Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus). I’ll be including some autographed copies of this book as part of the prizes given out at the end of our event. (We have a fun random prize drawing for souvenirs and signed books that everyone is eligible for!)
I’ve posted our official FAQs for our 2014 event in today’s blog.
Also, some quick reminders:
1. NAPIBOWRIWEE will take place May 1-7, 2014.
1. Our NaPiBoWriWee Store is open so you can purchase your souvenirs! Journals, coffee and travel mugs, T-shirts and tote bags galore! Go here: http://www.cafepress.com/paulayoonapibowriweeclassic
2. You are allowed to brainstorm ideas, outline them, research and take notes. But NO WRITING. You will write and FINISH your picture book first drafts from May 1-7, 2014.
3. From May 1 to May 7, 2014, I will post daily inspirational blogs and Q&As with special guest authors and industry folks. This year’s theme will focus on multicultural children’s literature (although your picture book drafts do NOT have to be multicultural, I want to explore this important topic for this year’s event).
4. Follow me on Twitter @paulayoo for further updates.
Please keep reading after the jump for this year’s official 2014 NAPIBOWRIWEE FAQs on how to participate in our event…