Welcome to TV TUESDAY! This is the day I blog about all things having to do with writing for TV, from TV writing advice, my adventures in the industry, Hollywood news, and lots of fun insider-y stuff on the show EUREKA which airs on SyFy. (I am a producer for EUREKA).
Today’s blog features a virtual tour of my office at the EUREKA writers’ office! LOL! I know, isn’t this an exciting blog? 🙂
(Keep reading after the jump for photos of my Eureka writer’s office!)
As many of you know, I am a Producer for EUREKA on SyFy. I started as a Co-Producer for the fourth season. Our Season 4.5 airs this July 11th on SyFy at 8 PM, followed by WAREHOUSE 13 and the new series ALPHAS. Our Season 4.0 DVD drops July 5.
In a nutshell, EUREKA is a wonderful TV drama/comedy series about a secret town of geniuses who work on classified government projects. Of course, something is always going awry with some genius’ experiment, and it’s up to our hero Sheriff Jack Carter to save the day. Ironically, Carter is NOT a genius, but his common sense and Everyman sensibilities helps him see the forest for the trees, unlike our detail-obsessed scientists.
To find out more about our show, go here:
To read about our behind-the-scenes life in the EUREKA writers’ room go to our blog here:
For today’s blog, I thought I’d give you a fun virtual tour of my office! So here we go… WELCOME TO YOOREKA!
1. Welcome to my office door! 🙂 Yes, I like to put up lots of pictures on my door. And okay, so most of them are of my cats. What do you expect from a writer who posts a TUNA THURSDAY blog every week and has a Twitter page for her cat? (@oreothecatyoo) LOL!
2. Also featured proudly on my office front door… a certificate handmade by our script coordinator Meghan which chronicled my lunch menu dilemma. In a nutshell, sometimes we order lunch in and I take FOREVER with the menu because a) I’m very indecisive and b) I’m a foodie and very picky about my food and c) I’m very indecisive. If I ordered lunch within 5 minutes or less ten times in a row, I would get a prize! So this is my certificate! 🙂
3. This is the view you get when you enter my office. There is a TV that only works for a DVD player but I don’t have a DVD player, so I have never used this TV. I have an extra desk so I use it to put all my water bottles. The desk on the left is where the magic happens… yes, this is the desk where I wrote the Eureka/Warehouse 13 crossover episode #405, “Crossing Over”! 🙂
4. This is my office couch! I read scripts here. My friends are Mr. Wiggums (the grey cat) and Seymour, my stuffed teddy bear that I received for my high school graduation. The afghan was knitted by my mom, who makes tons of afghan blankets for me. I’m always freezing, even in 90 degree weather, so this afghan keeps me comfy in the office and the Eureka writers’ room!
5. Here is a closer look at the TV I never use and my extra desk where I keep my phone and all my water bottles. 🙂
6. Below is a picture of my bookshelf which houses mostly Eureka episode script binders, plus a Star Trek Next Gen toy gift, some books, and my workout clothes. (I like to walk up and down the stairs plus do yoga!)
7. Here is a picture of my wormhole. Yes, even in the Eureka writers’ offices, we have wormholes! All our offices have connecting doors. I lucked out and have the only connecting door to the Eureka kitchen! So I call this the Wormhole to The Kitchen and Back to Yooreka. 🙂
8. Everyone at Eureka is a Starbucks/coffee fanatic. I am a coffee fan too, but I am a bigger fan of loose tea. When I was on tour with Arthur Lee of Love back in 2003, my Argentinean cellist friend and roommate introduced me to the amazing yerba mate tea of Argentina. I’ve been a huge fan ever since. I brought my own bombilla (metal straw/strainer) to work, too! So here is my yerba mate tea and bombilla that I use at Eureka/Yooreka! Yerba mate keeps you alert and is really good for your brain! 🙂
Well, I hope you enjoyed your virtual tour of my Eureka office. Welcome to YOOREKA! Now you know what it’s like to be in Yooreka. 🙂 Until tomorrow’s WRITER WEDNESDAY blog… Happy Writing! WRITE LIKE YOU MEAN IT! 🙂